The entire Bluehost platform is built on open source technology and we’ve long supported the open source community to help it thrive. In that tradition, Bluehost took a major leadership role in the 2013 OpenWest Conference, a regional IT conference focused on free and open source software. The development, quality assurance, product/project management, and Bluehost Open Source Solutions (BOSS) teams were all integral in making the conference a huge success.
Over 800 people attended the conference in Orem, Utah, where Bluehost team members gave more than 12 presentations, many of which were standing room only. Bluehost also supplied conference volunteers, turned out in force to support Perl, MySQL, OpenStack, Women in Technology WordPress and Learning Python for Kids events, and sponsored dinners for the Utah PHP Users Group and the Utah Perl Mongers.
Bluehost presenters included:
- The How and Why of Hash Switches and Back Mapping - Jason Van Patten
- Selenium for Automation and Testing - Daniel Fackrell
- Using Software Collections to Install Newer Perls on EL5/EL6 - Doran Barton
- An intro to API development with Mojolicious - Matt Monsen
- Practical Slow Query Log Analysis using Perl - Rob Van Dam
- Linux on ARM — the next big thing? - Jared Smith
- Using OpenStack In A Traditional Hosting Environment - Jun Park, Mike Wilson
- Getting Started with Drupal - Jared Smith
- Using Shorewall For Robust Linux Firewall - Doran Barton
- The Current State of Gaming In Linux - Timothy Longwell
- A Brief History of Open Source - Doran Barton
- Child themes and post format support - Mike Hanseng
Click here for local press coverage about the conference: http://bluho.st/kStmI